HVAC Temperature Controls
Account Executive / Sales Person
Job Title: HVAC Temperature Controls Account Executive / Sales Person
The Account Executive will promote the services of Deml Controls. These services include temperature control / building automation systems, HVAC system service and maintenance. The account executive will generate will develop sales contacts and generate those contacts into sales. The account executive will estimate projects, create proposals, present proposals, negotiate pricing and deliverables, and sell temperature controls /building automation system projects and change orders on negotiated, design build, and plan and specification jobs in a timely, profitable, and responsive manner. The account executive will also estimate and sell HVAC system service and maintenance contracts.
- The account executive will demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and honesty as well as technical and business expertise to new and existing customers.
- Sell Deml Controls services to building owners and facility managers and the building construction community, including mechanical and general contractors, engineering consultants, architects and designers.
- Manage multiple, ongoing, opportunities.
- Expand and grow our service/maintenance agreement customer base by selling service and maintenance agreements to new customers.
- Renew and expand service and maintenance agreements for the existing customer base.
- Build partnering relationships with building owners and facility managers and industry contractors to drive the sale of Deml Controls services.
- Develop and maintain a network of industry contacts.
- Achieve booking and gross margin goals.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships.
- Perform outside sales activities to generate new customers.
- Develop proposals for presentation to customers based on preliminary site review and analysis of projects with customers.
- Determine customer needs and work closely with customer to determine the most cost-effective solution.
- Conduct post sales debriefings with customers to ensure all sales agreements have been accomplished and the customers are satisfied with Deml Controls performance.
- Manage and sustain high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Maintain and improve sale skills, HVAC systems knowledge, and industry knowledge through self-study, seminars and company provided training.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- Technical diploma in HAVC is preferred
- At least Five years of verifiable experience in the HVAC field.
- Honest and Trustworthy
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of control theory and control concepts.
- Familiarity with commercial and industrial HVAC and mechanical systems.
- Familiarity with HAVC systems and components including: VAV systems; VFDs; air-handling units; gas-fired make-up air units; chillers; boilers; pumps; hydronic heating and cooling systems; steam heating systems.
- Familiar with the theory/principles of electricity and electrical equipment.
- Familiar with the principles of electrical safety.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Be an energetic individual with extremely positive attitude.
- Read and interpret DDC control drawings, schematics and technical specifications.
- Identify additional opportunities including time and material work, system upgrades and service contract expansion.
- Be a self-starter, problem solver and work independently.
- Communicate effectively with customers, staff, and all others.